Here is a work around that requires no installation of any packages, very safe way to run firefox beta 4, beta 5 on stock EEEPC 701.
This method is derived from this discussion at mozillazine.org
1. download gtk 2.10, bring up a terminal by pressing ctrl+atl+T, type this code and press enterwget http://apt.linex.org/linex/gtk-2.10/libgtk2.0-0_2.10.13-2~bpo.1_i386.deb
2. extract it to a folder, e.g., gtk2-10, by type this code and press enterdpkg-deb -x libgtk2.0-0_2.10.13-2~bpo.1_i386.deb gtk2-10
3. download firefox 3 (now in beta 5) http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html
4. extract firefox 3 in file manager
5. go into the firefox folder, open firefox (scrip file in the folder, about 3.9KB in size) with text editor.
6. add "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/user/gtk2-10/usr/lib" after first line. the file should look like this#!/bin/sh
7. save the file, double click it to start firefox 3.
This is how it looks like, Enjoy
Technorati Tags: firefox, eee, gtk